Friday, November 19, 2010

Impending doom

One of my classes is held on a very very tall third floor of a building. Today my teacher found it necessary to point out a snow flurry taking place outside the window five minutes before class got out. There was a mass swirl of confusion and emotional uproar as people declared their differing views as to whether snow was a good thing or not. I'm pretty sure a fist fight or two broke out. People are very up tight about their weather here.

See, snow in Spokane never disappears. Two years ago we had a heavy winter and the roofs were collapsing under the snow. This last year we had a light winter and it still snowed in June. Snow here is no laughing matter.

This is what I was picturing.


Finally, after weeks of snow, this is what my campus will look like.


I was about to go into a comatose state having seen the little white tomb building blocks falling from the sky.

Oddly enough, when my class ended five minutes later, the snow was miraculously gone. There was no sign of the white fluffy doom anywhere to be seen.

I guess that's what I get for living in Spokane.

2 comments:

  1. hehe. love the pics...have lived through a few blizzards. i rather like a little white stuff...but not all that much...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, yeah... I do enjoy sledding and love how pretty snow is, but I like it to stay in the weeks directly surrounding Christmas and then leave. I feel like this mostly has to do with not having a car and walking everywhere though. :)

    ReplyDelete