Saturday, November 20, 2010

Beware of Trees

As I got ready yesterday morning to walk over to my sick and dying boyfriend's house (ok, so not really dying, but he has a cold. Basically the same thing), I realized that I was dressed like a mismatched, overly colored Dr. Suess character. I only have two winter coats; one is black and no longer zips and the other is red and still zips. The problem with only having one brightly colored functional coat is that it often clashes with whatever else you are wearing.



After realizing this I decided that it didn't matter because I didn't want to change and I needed something warm to wear. Besides, my boyfriend will love me anyways, even if I look like Little Cindy Lou Who.

I am about half way to his house when I am attacked by a giant tree.




Do you see how it is cleverly leaning out over the road just waiting for unsuspecting passersby? It is a cunning tree. Right when I think I'm safe it grabs a chunk of my hair and pulls. An epic battle ensued. Thankfully I am a strong fighter and I take the tree down.




Unfortunately, the tree left it's mark.



Now I was not only dressed like a Who, but I had Who hair.

Still, I am half way to his house. I carry on with the very important mission of delivering Airborne®.

I think by now I am out of harms way. I have just been attacked by a supposedly immobile being. What else can go wrong?

Apparently little mutant enemy dogs.




I am getting closer and closer to his house, and have nearly reached the dirt trail leading into his neighborhood, when a little white dog starts chasing me, growling and barring its teeth. It's owners are right there. Right there! They just continue to rake leaves. Ignoring my plight.

I wouldn't be surprised if they are the dogs brainwashed slaves.

To save my self I go running into the brush ahead, which is well above a tiny dogs head. He cannot follow! I have won!



I walk the rest of the way to my boyfriend's house, which is pretty close by this point. I arrive a sweating, panting, Who haired, Who clothed mass.

Thankfully he is too sick to notice.

Mission accomplished!

4 comments:

  1. haha. you had quite the adventure...good job accomplishing the mission. smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, yeah, it was pretty traumatic :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wait, now you are back together?

    (yes, this was what stuck out to me the most lol)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, yes, I can tell you about it later :)

    ReplyDelete