Friday, November 19, 2010

Harry Potter and other wonders.

Today I fell up the stairs at the movie theatre. That's right, up the stairs. In my defense it was way past my bed time, but still, is there ever really an excuse for falling up?

I went to the Harry Potter premier and managed to get a good seat with out waiting in line for any longer than two hours. In retrospect, I'm not really sure why ALL those people got there so early and stood out in cold for hours and hours, the theatre wasn't even full.

Granted, the left over seats were the crappy ones at the front where you have to crane your neck obnoxiously just to see the screen, but still. Some people stood outside in below freezing weather from 7pm to 11pm just to get a good seat at a movie.

Arriving in the movie theatre I promptly realized that I knew almost everyone there because it was as if my university had rented the place out for the night. I think there was one elderly man in the entire crowd representing every generation not between the ages of 18 and 22.

Of course, as soon as I realized that I knew everyone in the theatre and the attendant had just asked everyone to walk slowly, "Do. Not. Run." I ran. I was only trying to catch up with my friends who were dutifully climbing the stairs as told.

I then proceeded to catch the rubber front of the stair with my slippery slip-on shoes and fall face forward. Pretty much half the theatre chorused, "Nice job, _____!" It was great. Trust me. Lovely. My reputation as the most clumsy collegiate is spreading.

On the bright side, I still didn't look as silly as some of my friends who had dressed up via Hogwarts paraphernalia.

No comments:

Post a Comment