Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Damn You Auto Correct!

I have come to the conclusion in my life that people love embarrassing stories. People are like vultures. They hear the word "embarrassing" and they flock. One of the first "ice breaker" games introduced includes people telling embarrassing stories or facts about themselves. So I thought, what better way to bond than tell my most recent embarrassing story?

Today I was sitting in my last class of the day, bored out of my mind. This professor gives mind-numbing lectures on a regular basis and on a regular basis I pay no attention what so ever. Rather I spend my time on facebook, Hyperbole and a Half, fml, and other various entertaining places that keep my mind preoccupied and safe from the impending black hole that is my professor's lecture.

My friend, we'll call her Em, sits next to me and goes through the same life preserving methods I do. Today she showed me a new link, http://damnyouautocorrect.com/. I am, of course, stupid enough to actually go to this site.

The stories and anecdotes are amusing but relatively run of the mill... at first. Suddenly I stumble across one that is unexpectedly funny. It is like stealth hilarity. They send a number of stories that are just kind of funny, they lure you into a false sense of complacency and safety. Then suddenly you run into one that forces belly aching laughs out of your abdomen. In class.

I couldn't stop laughing. It was awful. Em just laughed at me, but unlike me she had more control, she was silent. I was not. I was trying to hide my face and pretend that I had sneezed or something, but my whole body was shaking so I doubt it worked.

Later Em told me that everyone around me stared. I couldn't tell from the shame coating my eyeballs. Fortunately for me the professor wasn't even phased. He kept right on lecturing his black hole as if nothing in the world could be more interesting, not even a girl going into epileptic seizures in the back of his classroom.

3 comments:

  1. hehe :) like in Fred's class!


    yay blogs

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol. i need to check this out...could use the laugh this morning...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alyssa: haha, the difference is that Fred's class is actually interesting... we've just eaten lunch. :)

    Brian: You most definitely should! It's a wonderful, wonderful site! Though a little awkward in varying posts.

    ReplyDelete